Farro free range de-boned turkey roasts make Christmas so simple. They come de-boned and pre-stuffed, and complete with the tin, ready to roast. Serve it with this salad of contrasts that looks beautiful on the festive table—fresh asparagus, sweet oranges and dates, and crunchy almonds.
- 1 Farro free range de-boned turkey roast with orange and cranberry stuffing
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and halved (or use green beans if asparagus not available)
- 2 oranges
- 8 Medjool dates
- small handful rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- For the turkey roast, follow the cooking instructions on the pack.
- For the salad, blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, drain and refresh under cold water, then put into a bowl.
- Cut the peel from the oranges, With the fruit in your hand, remove orange segments by slicing in towards the core as close to the membrane as possible. Work over a bowl to catch the juices and add the segments to the asparagus as you go. Squeeze whatever’s left to get all of the juice once you’re done, approximately one-quarter cup.
- Remove the pips from the dates and cut into quarters, add to the bowl along with the rocket.
- Whisk together the almond butter, ground coriander, reserved orange juice and olive oil. Season to taste.
- Put onto a platter and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with the mint and slivered almonds.
Lunn Ave | Orakei Bay Village | Epsom | North Shore | Mt Eden | Grey Lynn