- 500ml of vegetable stock
- 1/2 pumpkin, medium
- 4 beetroots, medium
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt, preferably Celtic
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Peel and cut up the beetroot and pumpkin into
- bite size pieces. Place them on an oven tray. Sprinkle them with coconut oil, salt and pepper and roast them for about 20 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Sauté the onions in the coconut oil on a medium heat until they become translucent. Add nutmeg, salt and cinnamon to the pan. Leave for a minute and add the veggies.
- Add the stock and bring it to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat and blend the mixture with a hand blender or food processor until the soup is smooth.
- Return the mixture to a medium heat and cook for another 10 minutes, then serve hot.
- Garnish with coconut cream, mint leaves and seeds (flax seed, chia seeds, pumpkin seed — whatever you have at hand).
Serve with warm crusty Bread. Serves 2 // 45 minutes.