September 1st is Random Acts of Kindness Day and we’re hoping to inspire you to do something kind for someone else with these 20 ideas for ways you can spread kindness…
1. Compliment a stranger.
2. Spring clean your closet by donating clothes to your local clothing bin.
3. Offer to pay for the coffee of the person behind you at your favourite café.
4. Buy lunch or have a conversation with someone experiencing homelessness.
5. Bake something to share with your work colleagues.
6. Tell someone how much you appreciate them.
7. Volunteer at your local SPCA.
8. Let someone go ahead of you in line at the supermarket.
9. Leave a kind note of encouragement on a stranger’s car.
10. Email an old mentor or teacher who inspired you when you were younger.
11. Donate to your local food bank.
12. Help someone struggling to carry their groceries to their car.
13. Donate your kid’s old toys to women’s refuge.
14. Make pancakes for breakfast for someone in your household.
15. Learn how to say ‘hello, how are you?’ in a different language.
16. Send flowers to your grandparents.
17. Spend a day with someone going through a tough time.
18. Offer to give a friend a ride home.
19. Hold open a door for someone.
20. Share an umbrella with a stranger.